Construction Supervisor's License Exam Preparation Class
Location: Keefe Tech
Oct 10-Dec 5, 2012
Meets 5:30 PM-9:00 PM
Status: This class is completed
This class prepares students to successfully take the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Unrestricted State Building Code Exam to obtain their Unrestricted Construction Supervisor License. In order to take the Construction Supervisor’s License Exam you need three years of documentable construction experience. In this course, you will examine the Building Code and learn how to use it as a tool to prepare for the license examination. The Massachusetts Construction Supervisors Licensing Examinations are given regularly by Prometric throughout the United States. (Call 1-800-813-6671 for an application.).
Students will need five books and two amendments for the Unrestricted Exam: Students should purchase books prior to class. Books will not be available for purchase at class. All books are available through CCI (1-888-833-5207.) www.statecertification.com. In addition, the ICC series books are available from the International Code Council at 1-800-786-4452 and the 8th Edition Amendments and 521 CMR are available through the Massachusetts State Book Store at 617-727-2834. Books must be purchased two weeks prior to the start of class to avoid express shipment fees from vendors in the mid-West. Books from CCI are not available six or less days before class, due to shipping time.
This program is presented by CCI, the Construction Certification Institute, Inc. CCI has been providing educational services to the building community for over 16 years and holds 30 classes for the unrestricted construction supervisor license throughout the state. CCI instructors are all Certified Building Officials, Registered Architects, and/or Licensed Professional Engineers. All instructors have taken the exam for the Unrestricted Construction Supervisor License and were not “grandfathered” in.
- TP-03 • Classes begin: Oct 10 (End date: Dec 5)
- 24.5 Hours • 7 Sessions • Wed: 5:30-9:00
- Tuition: $340 • Complete set of books $320.
Instructor -- Staff Instructor
- LIST OF BOOKS AND AMENDMENTS:
- International Building Code 2009 - 780
- CMR Eighth Edition Massachusetts Amendment package for the IBC 2009
- International Residential Building Code 2009 - 780
- CMR Eighth Edition Massachusetts Amendment package for IRC2009
- International Energy Conservation Code 2009
- 521 CMR Architectural Access Board Rules & Regulations
- OSHA CFR Title 29 Part 1926 2009 MANNCOMM brand Version Only